Friday, January 31, 2014

Goal Attainment: Prioritizing

Today I will talk about one of MY favorite topics regarding goals and that is Prioritizing. But first, I need to keep with Bob Proctor’s ‘list’ and tell you about number 5 which he calls ‘Risk’.

This point does not resonate with me at this point in time. Either my level of awareness is lacking or I just do not agree but Bob’s premise is that a goal will not have the required ‘pull’ to it unless it encompasses some degree of risk. One of his favorite points to make is ‘calling out’ the old phrase: “Better safe than sorry” to which he emphatically says, “Not true!” What I do agree with is that your goal must be something that you REALLY want, not just something that you need to do. Maybe this is why I disagree with Bob because I NEED to get organized and that is my number one goal but...I need this goal DESPERATELY! I hope that counts as worthy!

Now to my favorite part and that is how to prioritize! Bob says, make a list of 30 goals of things we want. Then group these goals into 3 groups of 10. I grouped mine in the following 3 groups:

                        A) Personal and Core Values
                        B)  Career and Income
                        C)  Material Wants

After completing that, then further prioritize each list of 10 items by order of most importance. At this point you will then see what your A#1 goal really is! This is how I decided that total organization was the first priority because without it, I continue to spin my wheels! I feel that once I have achieved organization in my life and surroundings, I will be able to achieve everything else. It may not be risky, but it is certainly challenging!

Number seven is to make sure that you work on no more than two goals at a time and preferably only one. The reason for this is that your conscious mind can really only focus fully on one thing at a time. (I’d like to add a little saying that I especially like that refers to multi-tasking; the meaning of which states: the ability to screw up many things at once!)

And number eight: You need a crystal clear picture or image of what you want. If you have a fuzzy picture, you will get fuzzy results. With a clear picture, you will achieve the goal you’re after! I mentioned this in the last post regarding clarity and emotional involvement. It is worth repeating that, only with emotional investment, will you be able to employ the action needed from the body! To this end, Bob tells us to write out our goals daily and FEEL the sensation of reaching and completing your goal. This makes an impression on the subconscious mind which is the ONLY way one can hope to achieve one’s desired results.

That covers the section on Prioritizing. I hope I have explained it well enough to help those of you who read this but I would be happy and honored to go into more detail should you care to inquire.

The next post will be a quick explanation of paradigms and how they relate to the achievement of our goals.

Enjoy your Super Bowl weekend! J

Cindy


No comments: